Friday, December 18, 2009

Two More Workouts

Yesterday I hit the gym later in the evening after Stephen got home from work for a 5 mile run. I can't remember my time - maybe 47 minutes? This was supposed to be done on Tuesday, but I've been slacking off again. I'll blame it on the holidays. But I did get it done.

So I skipped the 3 mile run that's supposed to follow it, and did the 8 miles today. It was tough! I haven't ran that far for a couple of months. It could have been tough also because of running 5 miles the day before after being such a slacker lately. Running on a treadmill also didn't make it any easier; I think it's easier to run outside and enjoy the scenery. I did the 8 miles in 74 1/2 minutes, then cooled off for another quarter-mile in about 3 1/2 minutes.

So tomorrow I'm going to take my dog for an easy jog instead of going to the gym and cross training. She was so sad to see me put on my running shoes and head out the door without her today. She also really needs the exercise, so I'll take her for a little run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment