Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Back!

I made it back to the gym this morning! Obviously, I'm a member of Planet Fitness. It was great to get back, actually. The ankle seems to be close to back to normal. I feel fantastic today after getting an easy workout in before the rest of the day started.

I'm using the same training schedule as last week.

Since this was kind of a test run for the ankle, today I jogged an easy 3 miles. Usually I try to do about 3.1 miles in 27 minutes. Today I completed the task in 29:30. It actually felt really good just to pace myself and not push for that higher speed. While I won't always let myself off that easy, I will try to maintain a similar pace on my middle-of-the-week and long runs. I have a problem with pushing myself too hard too early, and not having enough gas in the end. Hopefully I can solve that issue!

I also didn't do an incline at all, since I didn't want to add anymore stress on the ankle. I usually try to do a .5 to 1.0 incline, or higher if I'm not running for long. My brother recommends running on a treadmill with at least a 2.0 incline. Since the Ogden Marathon is mostly downhill, I'm not too concerned about the incline. Does anyone have any recommendations on this?

I mentioned in my last post that I'd be posting some tips to training and racing. Sorry - it ended up being a busy week! This week isn't much better. But eventually I'll get those tips in! If any reader has some great tips, let me know and either I'll post them or you can be a guest blogger and share your knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment